Since the escalation of the war, nothing in Ukraine has been the same. Since then, Help has supported around 800,000 people in coping with the consequences of the war: We distribute relief supplies, hot meals, financial aid and provide medical and psychological support. Our current focus is particularly on winter aid for Ukraine.
Your donation will help people in Ukraine to survive the hardship:
Ukraine: Millions of people need humanitarian aid
War has been raging in eastern Ukraine since 2014. As a result of the fighting in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions, numerous people have already been killed or driven from their homes. The fear of war and violence has been part of everyday life for the population in eastern Ukraine for years.
The conflict escalated in February 2022. Since then, there has been fierce fighting between Russian troops and Ukrainian forces in large parts of the country. Tens of thousands of people have already fallen victim to the fighting, including many civilians. 8 million people, mostly women and children, have fled to neighboring countries such as Poland, Moldova, Hungary and Romania. An estimated 5.9 million Ukrainians are on the run within the country.
The refugees can often only take the bare necessities with them. There is a lack of food, medicine, hygiene articles and safe accommodation. In addition, large parts of the civilian infrastructure have been damaged or destroyed as a result of the fighting. Especially in the freezing winter months, many fear for their survival. 17.7 million people are dependent on humanitarian aid – more than a third of the Ukrainian population.
+++ We are currently providing emergency aid to those affected by the flood disaster caused by the dam burst in the Kherson region. +++
We are distributing relief supplies, equipping emergency shelters and facilitating evacuations. For this, we are urgently dependent on donations.
We are currently distributing food packages, hygiene items and hot meals to refugees and other people affected by the war. We offer psychosocial support, especially for children, strengthen local medical care and provide information on safe spaces, evacuations and general protection measures.
In the spirit of helping people to help themselves, we support families with financial aid, for example for accommodation costs.
In addition, we provide medical and social assistance to Ukrainian refugees in Moldova, for example by sending mobile medical units and caring for children in refugee shelters.
Dieser Inhalt vom externen Anbieter
ist aus Datenschutzgründen deaktiviert und wird erst nach Ihrer Zustimmung angezeigt.
- Since the outbreak of the war, 8 million people have left the country as refugees.
- 1.46 million people were registered as internally displaced before the war began, 51 per cent of them in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- As a result of the escalation of the conflict, the number of IDPs increased to around 5.9 million.
- Since February 24, 2022, 7,068 civilians have been killed and 11,415 injured.
- 17.6 million people in Ukraine are dependent on humanitarian aid.
Status: 26 January 2023
- Help is currently providing emergency aid for victims in Ukraine and for Ukrainian refugees in Moldova.
- In Ukraine, we are active in sixteen oblasts: Kharkiv, Kherson, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kyiv, Kirovohrad, Luhansk, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Poltava, Zaporizhzhia, Sumy, Zakarpattia, Cherkasy, Chernihiv and Vinnytsia.
- We distribute food, water, hygiene articles and hot meals.
- Help offers medical and psychological support through our partners.
- We support families with financial aid that they can use for accommodation costs.
- We offer psychosocial support and provide information on safe spaces, evacuations and general protection measures.
- Help supports farmers with feed, veterinary medicine and fuel.
- We are currently providing winter relief.
Donate for the people in Ukraine!
Your donation enables displaced families in Ukraine to make a new start.
IBAN: DE47 3708 0040 0240 0030 00
BIC: DRES DE FF 370